Major topics for discussion at eComm Fall 2009 include:
- New communication paradigms such as Google Wave and RebelVox;
- Restructuring, marketplace threats and new "double-sided" business models, such as app stores, confronting traditional telecom companies;
- Open communication platforms, with demonstrations of applications to show the power of convergence of Web, telco and mobile technologies;
- Improving efficiency through communications innovation, particularly mobile enterprise applications and Communications-Enabled Business Processes (CEBP). Freephone 2.0?
- Android Scripting Environment (ASE), iPhone 3.0 OS applications.
- Operator futures -- bit-pipes, platforms or supermarkets?
- Industry predictions; picture of the next 5 or 10 years;
- Democratization of communications and communications innovation